Beach Hut Hire Terms & Conditions
I know, I know, I hate the boring small print too but sometimes it’s helpful! And well, I know you wouldn’t want to hire a beach hut from someone who hasn’t gone to the effort of thinking about all those small details – would you? So here they are, our Beach Hut Hire Terms and Conditions:
Beach Hut Hire Terms and Conditions
CONDITIONS OF HIRE
- Each Beach Hut is available all year round with daily hire charges advertised on both our website and social media pages.
- Bookings times are from 9 am to 6 pm all year round. Due to cleaning and beach hut security, it is not possible to flex these times and you must be fully packed and have vacated the beach hut by the closing time indicated on your booking.
- Unfortunately as indicated by our opening hours, beach huts cannot be used for overnight accommodation.
- We reserve the right to refuse a booking without giving any reason.
- Whilst unlikely, we may occasionally have to make changes to your beach hut hire booking and reserve the right to do so. We anticipate these to be minor (such as a decision to amend our summer opening hours or catering delivery times) and will advise you of them as soon as possible.
- We ask all guests to consider our neighbours and take the time to review the general conditions and behaviours outlined below whilst at the beach huts.
CONFIRMATION OF BOOKING
- Full payment is required to confirm the booking with bookings available up to up to 12 months in advance.
- Bookings can be made up to 24 hours in advance online via our website.
- Catering bookings must be booked 2 weeks in advance with payment in full at the time of booking.
- Both beach hut hire and catering will not be considered conﬁrmed until payment has been received and cleared.
- We reserve the right to cancel a booking if full payment is not made.
CANCELLATION BY YOU OR US
- If you need to cancel, please let us know immediately and will endeavour to re-let the beach hut. For Beach Hut Hire and Catering, if cancelled two weeks pre your booking then value paid less a £15 non-refundable fee. With less than two weeks notice, the full value is non-refundable. Note that each individual product incurs a £15 non-refundable fee (i.e if you have 2 beach huts booked and catering on the same day and cancel both then this would be £45 cancellation fee).
- You cannot transfer the booking to another if unable to attend at short notice without our approval. Please do advise us of the change and we will need confirmation that they are accepting all terms and conditions and any liability for issues on the day.
- If the beach hut or catering is unavailable due to events beyond our control (e.g. storm damage), we will advise you of the problem as soon as we can and fully refund your money – we cannot accept responsibility for any further claims but will do our very best to ensure that we find alternatives.
- If we are forced to cancel your booking due to being legally required to close due to Covid-19 lockdowns, your booking will be cancelled and refunded in full.
- You are expected to take all reasonable care of our properties. Please ensure the beach hut and all contents are left clean and tidy at the end of your stay and report any breakages or defects. We provide all cleaning products for this purpose but ask that you provide your own tea-towels. We also provide a brush for sweeping out the hut before leaving. We take great pride in looking after and cleaning our huts before any hire and would be most grateful if they could be left as originally found.
- All litter must be removed from the beach hut and surrounding site and disposed of correctly. Bin bags are provided for ease and if they bins on the promenade are full, please do pick up your litter to take home for disposal.
- You may be liable for any damage caused to the properties during your hire day beyond reasonable ‘wear and tear’. Please tell us about any damage or breakages at the end of your stay, so that we can rectify the situation. Small accidents, we can carry, but otherwise, we must charge for damage and repairs. If there is a problem, please contact us during the day, so that we can try to resolve it at the time.
- Keys must be returned to the key safe at the end of your stay. Failure to do so will result in a charge being made against you for replacement, up to a maximum of £40.
- Please ensure you hang the keys and padlocks inside the doors as soon as you have opened the hut doors. This will ensure they do not get lost. We recommend placing the keys in the key safes at all times when away from the beach hut to ensure they are not lost whilst on the beach.
RETURN OF PERSONAL BELONGINGS
- In the event of any items being left in the properties, we will collect, pack and post the items back to you for a minimum charge of £5.
- Dogs must be kept under control at all times and, in particular, please minimise noise. Millie loves a good bark herself but I know it can be more than annoying for our neighbours.
- Dogs are not permitted on the furniture or day beds and must not be left alone in the beach hut. Hey there is a beach outside that they’d love to be let loose on!
- One dog is allowed per booking, though we do try to accommodate more if you have a larger four-legged family. Do just drop us a message with details of when you are thinking of booking and your party size including dogs so that we can advise the best beach hut for you!
- You are expected to remove all traces (inside and outside) of your dog’s visit and to clear up after your dog when out, in particular on beaches.
- Whilst we are privileged to have some of our beach huts on an all year round dog-friendly beach, please do look out for the signs regarding dogs on the beaches as restrictions exist on certain sections of the beach, particularly around Piers. Check the beach hut information for the specific details for that area.
- It is not permitted to exceed the maximum occupancy for each hut (normally six or eight people inside and outside of the beach hut). See individual beach huts for details of maximum numbers. Note that this includes babies and children and we allow one small-medium dog per booking unless prior agreement has been given.
- Please bear in mind our decking space/any outdoor space and size of beach hut when booking to maximise your enjoyment on the day and to be considerate of neighbouring beach hut tenants. During 2015, we lost the ability to hire out two beach huts due to a licence condition change with behaviour and extra guests quoted as a reason for that licence change. Please help us keep our business open. I fully understand others allow up to 10 in each party but we value our business, your own enjoyment and our neighbours too much to risk this.
1. Smoking is NOT permitted within the beach hut, on its decking nor in the immediate vicinity of its neighbours. Please dispose of cigarettes appropriately and responsibly (please do not bury cigarette butts in the sand at the beach, or in the gardens around the beach huts).
CANDLES AND OTHER FIRE RISK
- The lighting of matches and burning of candles, incense or similar is strictly prohibited within and around the beach huts.
- The lighting of ﬁres or barbeques near the beach hut is strictly prohibited. Some beaches do allow BBQ’s on them but remember to check individual beach details and the tide times in advance!
NOISE AND DISTURBANCE
- Please do ensure children are supervised around the beach huts and that no guests climb on hut roofs or throw gravel/stones onto other huts or the promenade itself.
- Please respect those around you and ensure that none of your party use other beach hut walkways/decking to move between huts. This is our most common complaint from neighbours and we ask that you pro-actively stay off other hut owners outdoor areas regardless of occupancy on the day. They may find it awkward when they arrive and ask people to move when they own their own beach hut. Its just one day to you as a hire guest but they may use their own hut every day ;0)
- No radios/cd players allowed at any of the beach huts – I can promise that the noise of the sea is more than therapeutic to listen to (and I have 2 great Spotify playlists if you plan to bring your headphones!)
- We politely request that all guests exercise consideration for others with their noise levels. We will be held accountable for any guest behaviours but remember that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t have fun, joke and laugh too!
- We have provided a range of games to enjoy but ask that no ball games are played in the immediate outside area or inside the beach hut.
- Valuables should not be stored in the beach hut and we cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage to the hirer’s property.
- We do not accept liability for any damage, loss or injury to any member of your party or to your baggage, vehicles or contents unless proved to be caused by a negligent act by ourselves.
- The person making the booking is responsible for the beach hut, and must accompany the party, and be over the age of 18.
- This booking is not transferable to any other person except at the discretion of Millie’s Beach Huts (see cancellations)
- We reserve the right for the purpose of maintenance, replenishment to enter beach hut with or without workmen at any reasonable time, even in the absence of the hirer. We do try not to do this – it hasn’t happened yet!
- Where terms and conditions are breached during your hire (e.g. causing a disturbance, occupancy over agreed numbers), we reserve the right via any hut owner on the site to ask you leave with no refund. We may also refuse all further bookings and inform neighbouring beach hut hire companies.
- In the unlikely event of a problem, all complaints must be received before the end of the days hire to enable any issues to be resolved. Please note that no correspondence can be entered into concerning complaints made upon departure or after your return home.
Updated: 22nd February 2021
Website Terms and Conditions
1.1 These terms and conditions shall govern your use of our website.
1.2 By using our website, you accept these terms and conditions in full; accordingly, if you disagree with these terms and conditions or any part of these terms and conditions, you must not use our website.
1.3 If you register with our website, submit any material to our website or use any of our website services, we will ask you to expressly agree to these terms and conditions.
1.4 You must be at least 16 years of age to use our website; and by using our website or agreeing to these terms and conditions, you warrant and represent to us that you are at least 16 years of age.
2.1 This document was created using a template from SEQ Legal (http://www.seqlegal.com).
- Copyright notice
3.1 Copyright (c) 2015 Millie’s Beach Huts.
3.2 Subject to the express provisions of these terms and conditions:
(a) we, together with our licensors, own and control all the copyright and other intellectual property rights in our website and the material on our website; and
(b) all the copyright and other intellectual property rights in our website and the material on our website are reserved.
- Licence to use website
4.1 You may:
(a) view pages from our website in a web browser;
(b) download pages from our website for caching in a web browser;
(c) print pages from our website;
(d) use our website services by means of a web browser,
subject to the other provisions of these terms and conditions.
4.2 Except as expressly permitted by Section 4.1 or the other provisions of these terms and conditions, you must not download any material from our website or save any such material to your computer.
4.3 You may only use our website for [your own personal and business purposes, and you must not use our website for any other purposes.
4.4 Except as expressly permitted by these terms and conditions, you must not edit or otherwise modify any material on our website.
4.5 Unless you own or control the relevant rights in the material, you must not:
(a) republish material from our website (including republication on another website);
(b) sell, rent or sub-license material from our website;
(c) show any material from our website in public;
(d) exploit material from our website for a commercial purpose; or
(e) redistribute material from our website.
4.6 Notwithstanding Section 4.5, you may redistribute our newsletter in print and electronic form to any person.
4.7 We reserve the right to restrict access to areas of our website, or indeed our whole website, at our discretion; you must not circumvent or bypass, or attempt to circumvent or bypass, any access restriction measures on our website.
- Acceptable use
5.1 You must not:
(a) use our website in any way or take any action that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the performance, availability or accessibility of the website;
(b) use our website in any way that is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity;
(c) use our website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software;
(d) conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to our website without our express written consent;
(e) access or otherwise interact with our website using any robot, spider or other automated means;
(f) violate the directives set out in the robots.txt file for our website; or
(g) use data collected from our website for any direct marketing activity (including without limitation email marketing, SMS marketing, telemarketing and direct mailing).
5.2 You must not use data collected from our website to contact individuals, companies or other persons or entities.
5.3 You must ensure that all the information you supply to us through our website, or in relation to our website, is true, accurate, current, complete and non-misleading.
- Registration and accounts
6.1 To be eligible for an individual account on our website under this Section 6, you must be at least 16 years of age and resident in the United Kingdom.
6.2 You may register for an account with our website by completing and submitting the account registration form on our website.
6.3 You must notify us in writing immediately if you become aware of any unauthorised use of your account.
6.4 You must not use any other person’s account to access the website, unless you have that person’s express permission to do so.
- User IDs and passwords
7.1 If you register for an account with our website, you will be asked to choose a user ID and password.
7.2 Your user ID must not be liable to mislead and must comply with the content rules set out in Section 10; you must not use your account or user ID for or in connection with the impersonation of any person.
7.3 You must keep your password confidential.
7.4 You must notify us in writing immediately if you become aware of any disclosure of your password.
7.5 You are responsible for any activity on our website arising out of any failure to keep your password confidential, and may be held liable for any losses arising out of such a failure.
- Cancellation and suspension of account
8.1 We may:
(a) suspend your account;
(b) cancel your account; and/or
(c) edit your account details,
at any time in our sole discretion without notice or explanation.
8.2 You may cancel your account on our website using your account control panel on the website.
- Your content: licence
9.1 In these terms and conditions, “your content” means all works and materials (including without limitation text, graphics, images, audio material, video material, audio-visual material, scripts, software and files) that you submit to us or our website for storage or publication on, processing by, or transmission via, our website.
9.2 You grant to us a worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free licence to use, reproduce, store, adapt, publish, translate and distribute your content in any existing or future media / reproduce, store and publish your content on and in relation to this website and any successor website / reproduce, store and, with your specific consent, publish your content on and in relation to this website.
9.3 You grant to us the right to sub-license the rights licensed under Section 9.2.
9.4 You grant to us the right to bring an action for infringement of the rights licensed under Section 9.2.
9.5 You hereby waive all your moral rights in your content to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law; and you warrant and represent that all other moral rights in your content have been waived to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law.
9.6 You may edit your content to the extent permitted using the editing functionality made available on our website.
9.7 Without prejudice to our other rights under these terms and conditions, if you breach any provision of these terms and conditions in any way, or if we reasonably suspect that you have breached these terms and conditions in any way, we may delete, unpublish or edit any or all of your content.
- Your content: rules
10.1 You warrant and represent that your content will comply with these terms and conditions.
10.2 Your content must not be illegal or unlawful, must not infringe any person’s legal rights, and must not be capable of giving rise to legal action against any person (in each case in any jurisdiction and under any applicable law).
10.3 Your content, and the use of your content by us in accordance with these terms and conditions, must not:
(a) be libellous or maliciously false;
(b) be obscene or indecent;
(c) infringe any copyright, moral right, database right, trade mark right, design right, right in passing off, or other intellectual property right;
(d) infringe any right of confidence, right of privacy or right under data protection legislation;
(e) constitute negligent advice or contain any negligent statement;
(f) constitute an incitement to commit a crime, instructions for the commission of a crime or the promotion of criminal activity;
(g) be in contempt of any court, or in breach of any court order;
(h) be in breach of racial or religious hatred or discrimination legislation;
(i) be blasphemous;
(j) be in breach of official secrets legislation;
(k) be in breach of any contractual obligation owed to any person;
(l) depict violence, in an explicit, graphic or gratuitous manner;
(m) be pornographic, lewd, suggestive or sexually explicit;
(n) be untrue, false, inaccurate or misleading;
(o) consist of or contain any instructions, advice or other information which may be acted upon and could, if acted upon, cause illness, injury or death, or any other loss or damage;
(p) constitute spam;
(q) be offensive, deceptive, fraudulent, threatening, abusive, harassing, anti-social, menacing, hateful, discriminatory or inflammatory; or
(r) cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety to any person.
- Limited warranties
11.1 We do not warrant or represent:
(a) the completeness or accuracy of the information published on our website;
(b) that the material on the website is up to date; or
(c) that the website or any service on the website will remain available.
11.2 We reserve the right to discontinue or alter any or all of our website services, and to stop publishing our website, at any time in our sole discretion without notice or explanation; and save to the extent expressly provided otherwise in these terms and conditions, you will not be entitled to any compensation or other payment upon the discontinuance or alteration of any website services, or if we stop publishing the website.
11.3 To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law and subject to Section 12.1, we exclude all representations and warranties relating to the subject matter of these terms and conditions, our website and the use of our website.
- Limitations and exclusions of liability
12.1 Nothing in these terms and conditions will:
(a) limit or exclude any liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence;
(b) limit or exclude any liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
(c) limit any liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
(d) exclude any liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
12.2 The limitations and exclusions of liability set out in this Section 12 and elsewhere in these terms and conditions:
(a) are subject to Section 12.1; and
(b) govern all liabilities arising under these terms and conditions or relating to the subject matter of these terms and conditions, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort (including negligence) and for breach of statutory duty.
12.3 To the extent that our website and the information and services on our website are provided free of charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.
12.4 We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of any event or events beyond our reasonable control.
12.5 We will not be liable to you in respect of any business losses, including (without limitation) loss of or damage to profits, income, revenue, use, production, anticipated savings, business, contracts, commercial opportunities or goodwill.
12.6 We will not be liable to you in respect of any loss or corruption of any data, database or software.
12.7 We will not be liable to you in respect of any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
12.8 You accept that we have an interest in limiting the personal liability of our officers and employees and, having regard to that interest, you acknowledge that we are a limited liability entity; you agree that you will not bring any claim personally against our officers or employees in respect of any losses you suffer in connection with the website or these terms and conditions (this will not, of course, limit or exclude the liability of the limited liability entity itself for the acts and omissions of our officers and employees).
- Breaches of these terms and conditions
13.1 Without prejudice to our other rights under these terms and conditions, if you breach these terms and conditions in any way, or if we reasonably suspect that you have breached these terms and conditions in any way, we may:
(a) send you one or more formal warnings;
(b) temporarily suspend your access to our website;
(c) permanently prohibit you from accessing our website;
(d) block computers using your IP address from accessing our website;
(e) contact any or all your internet service providers and request that they block your access to our website;
(f) commence legal action against you, whether for breach of contract or otherwise; and/or
(g) suspend or delete your account on our website.
13.2 Where we suspend or prohibit or block your access to our website or a part of our website, you must not take any action to circumvent such suspension or prohibition or blocking (including without limitation creating and/or using a different account).
14.1 We may revise these terms and conditions from time to time.
14.2 The revised terms and conditions shall apply to the use of our website from the date of publication of the revised terms and conditions on the website, and you hereby waive any right you may otherwise have to be notified of, or to consent to, revisions of these terms and conditions. / We will give you written notice of any revision of these terms and conditions, and the revised terms and conditions will apply to the use of our website from the date that we give you such notice; if you do not agree to the revised terms and conditions, you must stop using our website.
14.3 If you have given your express agreement to these terms and conditions, we will ask for your express agreement to any revision of these terms and conditions; and if you do not give your express agreement to the revised terms and conditions within such period as we may specify, we will disable or delete your account on the website, and you must stop using the website.
15.1 You hereby agree that we may assign, transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with our rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions.
15.2 You may not without our prior written consent assign, transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with any of your rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions.
16.1 If a provision of these terms and conditions is determined by any court or other competent authority to be unlawful and/or unenforceable, the other provisions will continue in effect.
16.2 If any unlawful and/or unenforceable provision of these terms and conditions would be lawful or enforceable if part of it were deleted, that part will be deemed to be deleted, and the rest of the provision will continue in effect.
- Third party rights
17.1 These terms and conditions are for our benefit and your benefit, and these terms and conditions are not intended to benefit or be enforceable by any third party.
17.2 The exercise of the parties’ rights under these terms and conditions is not subject to the consent of any third party.
- Entire agreement
18.1 Subject to Section 12.1, these terms and conditions, together with our privacy and cookies policy, shall constitute the entire agreement between you and us in relation to your use of our website and shall supersede all previous agreements between you and us in relation to your use of our website.
- Law and jurisdiction
19.1 These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law.
19.2 Any disputes relating to these terms and conditions shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England/Wales.
- Our details
21.1 This website is owned and operated by Victoria Gunn.
21.2 Our principal place of business is at the address stated on the ‘Contact’ page of our website.
21.4 You can contact us by writing to the address given above, by using our website contact form, by email to MilliesBeachHuts@outlook.com or by telephone on 07881 285816.