I know, I know, I hate the boring small print too but sometimes it’s helpful! And well, I know you wouldn’t want to hire a beach hut from someone who hasn’t gone to the effort of thinking about all those small details – would you? So here they are, our Beach Hut Hire Terms and Conditions:
Beach Hut Hire Terms and Conditions
CONDITIONS OF HIRE
- Each Beach Hut is available all year round with daily hire charges advertised on both our website and social media pages.
- Bookings times are from 9 am to 8 pm all year round. Due to cleaning and beach hut security, it is not possible to flex these times and you must be fully packed and have vacated the beach hut by the closing time indicated on your booking.
- Unfortunately as indicated by our opening hours, beach huts cannot be used for overnight accommodation.
- We reserve the right to refuse a booking without giving any reason.
- Whilst unlikely, we may occasionally have to make changes to your beach hut hire booking and reserve the right to do so. We anticipate these to be minor (such as a decision to amend our summer opening hours or catering delivery times) and will advise you of them as soon as possible.
- We ask all guests to consider our neighbours and take the time to review the general conditions and behaviours outlined below whilst at the beach huts.
CONFIRMATION OF BOOKING
- Full payment is required to confirm the booking with bookings available up to up to 12 months in advance.
- Bookings can be made up to 24 hours in advance online via our website.
- Catering bookings must be booked 2 weeks in advance with payment in full at the time of booking.
- Both beach hut hire and catering will not be considered conﬁrmed until payment has been received and cleared.
- We reserve the right to cancel a booking if full payment is not made.
CANCELLATION BY YOU OR US
- If you need to cancel, please let us know immediately and will endeavour to re-let the beach hut. For Beach Hut Hire and Catering, if cancelled two weeks pre your booking then value paid less a £15 non-refundable fee. With less than two weeks notice, the full value is non-refundable. Note that each individual product incurs a £15 non-refundable fee (i.e if you have 2 beach huts booked and catering on the same day and cancel both then this would be £45 cancellation fee).
- You can transfer the booking to another if unable to attend at short notice, please do advise us of the change and ensure they are familiar with our terms and conditions – ta!
- If the beach hut or catering is unavailable due to events beyond our control (e.g. storm damage), we will advise you of the problem as soon as we can and fully refund your money – we cannot accept responsibility for any further claims but will do our very best to ensure that we find alternatives.
- You are expected to take all reasonable care of our properties. Please ensure the beach hut and all contents are left clean and tidy at the end of your stay and report any breakages or defects. We provide all cleaning products for this purpose but ask that you provide your own tea-towels. We also provide a brush for sweeping out the hut before leaving. We take great pride in looking after and cleaning our huts before any hire and would be most grateful if they could be left as originally found.
- All litter must be removed from the beach hut and surrounding site and disposed of correctly. Bin bags are provided for ease and if they bins on the promenade are full, please do pick up your litter to take home for disposal.
- You may be liable for any damage caused to the properties during your hire day beyond reasonable ‘wear and tear’. Please tell us about any damage or breakages at the end of your stay, so that we can rectify the situation. Small accidents, we can carry, but otherwise, we must charge for damage and repairs. If there is a problem, please contact us during the day, so that we can try to resolve it at the time.
- Keys must be returned to the key safe at the end of your stay. Failure to do so will result in a charge being made against you for replacement, up to a maximum of £40.
- Please ensure you hang the keys and padlocks inside the doors as soon as you have opened the hut doors. This will ensure they do not get lost. We recommend placing the keys in the key safes at all times when away from the beach hut to ensure they are not lost whilst on the beach.
RETURN OF PERSONAL BELONGINGS
- In the event of any items being left in the properties, we will collect, pack and post the items back to you for a minimum charge of £5.
- Dogs must be kept under control at all times and, in particular, please minimise noise. Millie loves a good bark herself but I know it can be more than annoying for our neighbours.
- Dogs are not permitted on the furniture or day beds and must not be left alone in the beach hut. Hey there is a beach outside that they’d love to be let loose on!
- One dog is allowed per booking, though we do try to accommodate more if you have a larger four-legged family. Do just drop us a message with details of when you are thinking of booking and your party size including dogs so that we can advise the best beach hut for you!
- You are expected to remove all traces (inside and outside) of your dog’s visit and to clear up after your dog when out, in particular on beaches.
- Whilst we are privileged to have our beach huts on an all year round dog-friendly beach, please do look out for the signs regarding dogs on the beaches as restrictions exist on certain sections of the beach, particularly around Piers. Check the beach hut information for the specific details for that area.
- It is not permitted to exceed the maximum occupancy for each hut (normally six or eight people inside and outside of the beach hut). See individual beach huts for details of maximum numbers. Note that this includes babies and children and we allow one small-medium dog per booking unless prior agreement has been given.
- Please bear in mind our decking space/any outdoor space and size of beach hut when booking to maximise your enjoyment on the day and to be considerate of neighbouring beach hut tenants. During 2015, we lost the ability to hire out two beach huts due to a licence condition change with behaviour and extra guests quoted as a reason for that licence change. Please help us keep our business open. I fully understand others allow up to 10 in each party but we value our business, your own enjoyment and our neighbours too much to risk this.
1. Smoking is NOT permitted within the beach hut, on its decking nor in the immediate vicinity of its neighbours. Please dispose of cigarettes appropriately and responsibly (please do not bury cigarette butts in the sand at the beach, or in the gardens around the beach huts).
CANDLES AND OTHER FIRE RISK
- The lighting of matches and burning of candles, incense or similar is strictly prohibited within and around the beach huts.
- The lighting of ﬁres or barbeques near the beach hut is strictly prohibited. Some beaches do allow BBQ’s on them but remember to check individual beach details and the tide times in advance!
NOISE AND DISTURBANCE
- Please do ensure children are supervised around the beach huts and that no guests climb on hut roofs or throw gravel/stones onto other huts or the promenade itself.
- Please respect those around you and ensure that none of your party use other beach hut walkways/decking to move between huts. This is our most common complaint from neighbours and we ask that you pro-actively stay off other hut owners outdoor areas regardless of occupancy on the day. They may find it awkward when they arrive and ask people to move when they own their own beach hut. Its just one day to you as a hire guest but they may use their own hut every day ;0)
- No radios/cd players allowed at any of the beach huts – I can promise that the noise of the sea is more than therapeutic to listen to (and I have 2 great Spotify playlists if you plan to bring your headphones!)
- We politely request that all guests exercise consideration for others with their noise levels. We will be held accountable for any guest behaviours but remember that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t have fun, joke and laugh too!
- We have provided a range of games to enjoy but ask that no ball games are played in the immediate outside area or inside the beach hut.
- Valuables should not be stored in the beach hut and we cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage to the hirer’s property.
- We do not accept liability for any damage, loss or injury to any member of your party or to your baggage, vehicles or contents unless proved to be caused by a negligent act by ourselves.
- The person making the booking is responsible for the beach hut, and must accompany the party, and be over the age of 18.
- This booking is not transferable to any other person except at the discretion of Millie’s Beach Huts (see cancellations)
- We reserve the right for the purpose of maintenance, replenishment to enter beach hut with or without workmen at any reasonable time, even in the absence of the hirer. We do try not to do this – it hasn’t happened yet!
- Where terms and conditions are breached during your hire (e.g. causing a disturbance, occupancy over agreed numbers), we reserve the right via any hut owner on the site to ask you leave with no refund. We may also refuse all further bookings and inform neighbouring beach hut hire companies.
- In the unlikely event of a problem, all complaints must be received before the end of the days hire to enable any issues to be resolved. Please note that no correspondence can be entered into concerning complaints made upon departure or after your return home.
Updated: 22nd February 2017
Life's A Beach Hut
Be the first to be notified of beach hut news, free stuff, release dates and special offers.
Whether you hire or own a beach hut - join me on a road trip to the beach.