Beach Hut insurance is still a niche product offered by relatively few providers. However if you are a beach hut owner, you know how important it is to protect a building that due to its location may feel the full force of the sea, strong winds and storms and a key cost consideration when buying a beach hut. As we’ve seen over the past few years, the weather has worsened during those winter months but many owners do look to cover all year round against any instance of vandalism or opt for liability cover if they choose to hire out their beach hut to others.
Insure Homes Limited – Beach Hut Insurance
Insure Homes Limited is one of the beach hut insurance companies that offers coverage to beach huts throughout the UK.
- Insure Homes Limited cover a range of residential policies from let properties, holiday homes, shepherds huts and beach huts.
- Policies available to cover all types of beach huts regardless of location.
- Accidental damage cover included automatically for buildings insurance and no excess for any claim regardless of the cause of the loss or damage.
- Contents cover is available and includes watercraft and accessories, up to 25% of the contents sum insured
- Cover for loss of rent and license fee, up to 20% of the building sum insured if the hut is made unusable following a valid claim
- I was able to speak to an insurance advisor straight away with no transfers to other teams. Kim was polite and helpful, answering all questions clearly and quickly.
- No excess for any claim regardless of the cause of the loss or damage
- Public Liability cover included as standard up to maximum of £5 million (important to those who hire out their huts)
- You can flex the value of both buildings and contents cover to suit your needs
- Immediate quote provided via telephone and able to put in place insurance at point of the telephone call
- Ability to pay by cheque, credit card or bank transfer.
- You are unable to purchase directly online and whilst the website allows you to request a quote, this merely captures basic details and you will need to provide additional information by telephone to obtain the actual price being quoted.
- You will need to sign paperwork post purchasing your beach hut insurance. This does not stop cover being put in place and forms can be emailed or posted to you for signature but is an extra job to do post-purchase.
- No discount for beach hut association membership (though remained my cheapest quote for two beach huts in 2016).
To speak with an Insure Homes Limited rep, call 0800 783 7187 or fill out the online contact form at http://www.insurehomesdirect.co.uk/ihlbeachhuts.html.
- Receive a quote for beach hut insurance by going to: http://www.insurehomesdirect.co.uk/ihlbeachhuts.html.
- Submit a claim by telephone: 01242 674 674, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or in writing to Advent Insurance Services Limited, PO Box 16, Cheltenham, GL52 8WU
- For Cover Summary details: http://www.insurehomesdirect.co.uk/keyfacts/KeyFactsSeaviewBeachHut.pdf.
*All information was correct at the time of writing the article. Please check the company’s website for current up-to-date policy details. To visit Insure Homes Limited website, go to: http://www.insurehomesdirect.co.uk/ihlbeachhuts.html.
Life's A Beach Hut
Be the first to be notified of beach hut news, free stuff, release dates and special offers.
Whether you hire or own a beach hut - join me on a road trip to the beach.